To update the existing system equipment with an embedded Web Interface Control System.
To provide greater control accuracy/monitoring and reliability.
Site: Mappa Mundi/Chained Library/Archive Store
Location: Hereford Cathederal
Sector: Public/Church of England
Project: Update the existing control system
M&E Contractor: Melcon. Hereford
BMS Platform: Elesta RCO Series Controllers
- The Mappa Mundi, the Magna Carta and the Chained Library are historical artefacts which are irreplaceable and therefore, control of the system’s temperature and humidity was paramount
- To provide historical logging of temperature and humidity levels
- Daily E-Mailing of historical data logs (Temperature and Humidity)
- Keeping the Archive store and Chained Library operational under switch out
- Re-use of existing Satchwell sensors to keep costs down (Temperature / Relative Humidity)
Clarkson Controls were the obvious choice to engineer the project, as they carried out the original control System installation many years previously, just after 0000 BC (BC – Before Computers)
With the Elesta BMS equipment being one of the first to provide a BACnet system it was the easy choice German engineered / robust / reliable / processor power / open protocol (BACnet) / future proof.
- Daily E-Mails allow monitoring of conditions in seconds
- Instant access to current BMS data when required via web interface
- Clarkson Controls personnel easy to access via phone or email if required
- No hesitation in recommending Clarkson Controls.